We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Garvinea is a variety of gerbera which has the advantage of being hardy and therefore of being cultivated in the garden throughout the year.
In summary, what you need to know:
Last name : Garvinea
Family : Asteraceae
Type : Perennial
Height : 35-40 cm
Exposure : Sun or light shade
Foliage : Persistent
Flowering : May to October
Garvinea is a perennial plant that flowers generously but fears frost below -4 / -5 °.
We can plant the garvinea indifferently in spring or fall.
- This plant loves the sun and shelter from too strong winds
- Regular watering after planting is recommended
- Space each plant approximately 40 to 50 cm
The multiplication is possible in spring division of the tuft in the spring or by seedling in terrine around February-March.
Watering and fertilizer at the garvinea
Regular but moderate watering is necessary. Garvinea requires little water but often in order to keep the soil slightly moist.
In spring and summer:
In a pot or planter, hold the slightly moist potting soil and make sure that the water flow is correct.
Bring someliquid plant fertilizer green approximately every month to prolong flowering to the minimum
- Water from above and ideally with water that is preferably non-calcareous
- Never wet the leaves and flowers of the garvinea
In order to maintain a certain humidity, it is best to place the pot on a bed of clay balls with water at the bottom of the pot or planter.
In autumn and winter:
It is not necessary to water at this time of the year, the rain usually allowing sufficient water supply
- If your garvinea is protected from the rain in a pot, it should be watered once a month, not more.
Common diseases of garvinea
We mainly find the common diseases of the gerbera such as aphids, thered spider, the cochineal but also thepowdery mildew
- Smaller and smaller leaves indicate the need to repot the garvinea.
- If the leaves are fading, it's probably a lack of fertilizer.
To know about the Garvinea
Wonderful perennial plant of pink, red, yellow or white color, it offers flowers in the shape of daisies.
The garvinea is vulnerable to aphids so to avoid this spray regularly an insecticide based on pyrethrum.
The ideal lifespan of garvinea does not generally exceed 3 years. It will have to be renewed at the end of this period.
Cold-resistant, it is all the same sensitive to severe frosts which means that it must be protected when temperatures drop below -4 °.
- A good mulch of dried leaves or a wintering veil should suffice.
- In a pot or in a planter, bring your Garvineas into a bright room, cool but frost-free
Garvinea in a bouquet
In order to keep your garvineas as long as possible in a bouquet, it is important to use clean water in a perfectly clean vase.
- It is then necessary to regularly renew the water in the vase
You can also use the gerbera in floating flower as a decoration on a set table for example.
Read also :
- Gerbera, a beautiful houseplant